We are delighted that you will be joining us as a presenter for the 2017 CUPA-HR Spring Conference, Hosted by the Midwest Region. The spring conference provides valuable learning experiences for 200 higher ed HR professionals each year. We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis!
Please review the important dates and quick links below.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- Speaker Agreement Due — November 16
- Conference Registration Opens — December 9
- Presenter Registration Deadline — February 15
- Final Session Title and Description Changes Due — February 15
- Audiovisual Requests Due — February 24
- Session Materials Due (Mandatory) — February 24
- Hotel Reservation Deadline — March 3 (or until the CUPA-HR hotel room block sells out)
- Delivery of Presentations — March 27-28
In order to be included as a presenter for the 2017 CUPA-HR Spring Conference, Hosted by the Midwest Region you should have completed CUPA-HR speaker agreement online. The contract outlines your speaker requirements for the conference.
Deadline: February 24
As was stated in the 2017 call for proposals and speaker agreement, submission of session materials is mandatory. You may submit your session materials in one of two ways:
- The complete PowerPoint presentation — The presentation will be shared with attendees through a password-protected website.
- The complete PowerPoint presentation + a modified version or summary of the presentation — Only the summary you provide will be shared with attendees through the password-protected website. Your full presentation will not be shared.
Please note: CUPA-HR does not provide printed session handouts to attendees. If you choose to provide printed handouts, information about recommended quantities will be e-mailed to you closer to the conference dates. CUPA-HR will not reimburse expenses incurred for printing session materials.
Session materials must be submitted by February 24 as an e-mail attachment (we cannot accept fax copies) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot meet the February 24 deadline, or you have a special situation, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 877-287-2474.
Each presenter will introduce him or herself. You may want to include:
- Name, title, institution
- Primary higher ed HR interests
- Past presentations
- Current research or interests
CUPA-HR staff will be available to help with any AV issues or needs presenters have during a session, but CUPA-HR staff will not be introducing speakers using any provided presenter biography.
Deadline: February 24
Your session room will be set up with the equipment you requested during the proposal process. Please provide your own laptop loaded with appropriate software as CUPA-HR does not provide laptops. If you would like to rent a laptop, you can order them directly from the hotel’s audio visual department (a fee will be charged).
CUPA-HR provides the following at no cost:
- LCD projector and screen,
- remote control,
- appropriate cables to connect your laptop (PCs ONLY*) to LCD projector,
- two lavaliere microphones,
- one wireless handheld microphone.
Flip charts and markers, as well as sound speakers, are available upon request. If your needs have changed or you would like to add equipment, please contact CUPA-HR by February 24 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Equipment provided by CUPA-HR’s audiovisual company is compatible with PCs. If you are bringing an Apple product or tablet device, please be sure to bring any necessary adapter cords. CUPA-HR cannot guarantee adapter availability from our AV provider or the hotel AV department.
Speakers have two template options for their PowerPoint or other on-screen presentation:
- CUPA-HR’s slides , or
- Use a unique template with CUPA-HR’s title slide and thank-you slide incorporated.
Presenter logos may appear only on the title and thank-you slides.
All session rooms will be set “theater style” in order to maximize seating for conference attendees.
RESERVE A PRACTICE ROOM
CUPA-HR provides a speaker ready room for presenters to practice at the conference. The room will be equipped with full standard AV setup and is available in 30-minute increments during conference hours. In order to accommodate practice sessions for all presenters, we ask that you limit your practice time to no more than 60 minutes. Reservations are required. We’ll send the details as soon as they are available.
CUPA-HR PUBLICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE CENTER
A committee of your peers may select some of the concurrent session content to appear in an upcoming issue of a CUPA-HR publication and/or online in the members-only CUPA-HR Knowledge Center. Association staff will notify you if your white paper or session handout materials are selected to appear in a publication and/or the Knowledge Center.
All concurrent session evaluations will be sent electronically to attendees. Your composite scores will be sent to you a few weeks after the conference. Evaluations ask attendees to rate a variety of things including: effective time allocation, content matching promotional description, presenters promoting specific products or providers and more. Please be cognizant of these rating categories as you prepare your materials as evaluation scores may be considered when making future programming selections.