For All Presenters
We are delighted that you will be joining us as a presenter for the CUPA-HR Annual Conference and Expo 2021. The annual conference provides valuable learning experiences for more than 1,000 higher ed HR professionals each year. We look forward to seeing you in National Harbor or virtually!
Please review the important information below.
FOR ALL PRESENTERS
Important Dates to Remember
- Conference Registration Opens — June 14
- Speaker Agreement Due — Within One Week of Notification
- Presenter Registration Deadline — July 21
- Hotel Reservation Deadline — September 3
- Audiovisual Requests Due — September 7
- Session Materials Due (Mandatory) — September 7
- Delivery of Presentations — October 3-5
- A/V Tips and Tricks
- 10 Tools That Should Be in Every Facilitator’s Toolbox
- The Facilitation Process
- 8 (Really Good) Questions About Facilitation
Virtual Presentation-Specific Tutorials
- Learning to Use the Pathable Platform (learn how to use the CUPA-HR Annual Conference virtual platform — tutorial includes an introduction to the platform, preparation before the event, speaker training, how to present, presentation pro tips and best practices, using virtual backgrounds with Zoom)
- How to Moderate an Engaging Panel
- Nail Your Virtual Presentation With These Tips
In order to be included as a presenter for the CUPA-HR Annual Conference and Expo 2021, you should have completed the CUPA-HR speaker agreement online. The contract outlines your speaker requirements for the conference.
Required PowerPoint Template
Speakers have two template options for their PowerPoint or other on-screen presentation:
- CUPA-HR’s template, or
- Use a unique template with CUPA-HR’s title slide and thank-you slide incorporated
Presenter logos may appear ONLY on the title and thank-you slides.
The template will be provided in August.
Presenters will introduce themselves. You may want to include:
- Name, title, institution
- Primary higher ed HR interests
- Past presentations
- Current research or interests
CUPA-HR staff will be available to help with any AV issues or needs presenters have during a session, but CUPA-HR staff will not be introducing speakers using any provided presenter biography.
Deadline: September 7
As was stated in the call for proposals and speaker agreement, submission of session materials is mandatory. You may submit your session materials in one of two ways:
- The complete PowerPoint presentation — The presentation will be shared with attendees through a password-protected website.
- The complete PowerPoint presentation + a modified version or summary of the presentation — Only the summary you provide will be shared with attendees through the password-protected website. Your full presentation will not be shared.
Please note: CUPA-HR does not provide printed session handouts to attendees.
Session materials must be submitted by September 7 as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you cannot meet the September 7 deadline, or you have a special situation, please contact us at email@example.com or at 877-287-2474.
CUPA-HR Publications and Knowledge Center
A committee of your peers may select some of the concurrent session content to appear in an upcoming issue of a CUPA-HR publication and/or online in the members-only CUPA-HR Knowledge Center. Association staff will notify you if your white paper or session handout materials are selected to appear in a publication and/or the Knowledge Center.
All concurrent session evaluations will be sent electronically to attendees. Your composite scores will be sent to you a few weeks after the conference. Evaluations ask attendees to rate a variety of things including: effective time allocation, content matching promotional description, presenters promoting specific products or providers, and more. Please be cognizant of these rating categories as you prepare your materials as evaluation scores may be considered when making future programming selections.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR IN-PERSON PRESENTERS
Deadline: September 3 or until the CUPA-HR room block sells out
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center is offering a special group rate of $259 plus tax for double occupancy guest rooms. Conference registration must be completed prior to making a hotel reservation. Reservation details, including a website, phone number and group discount code, will be provided to conference attendees in a confirmation email once registration is completed. That confirmation email will be sent to the registrant’s email address. For hotel details, visit the hotel information page.
Deadline: September 7
Your session room will be set up with the equipment you requested during the proposal process. Please provide your own laptop loaded with appropriate software as CUPA-HR does not provide laptops. If you would like to rent a laptop, you can order them directly from the hotel’s audio visual department (a fee will be charged).
CUPA-HR provides the following at no cost:
- LCD projector and screen
- remote control
- appropriate cables to connect your laptop (PCs ONLY*) to LCD projector
- two lavaliere microphones
- one wireless handheld microphone
Flip charts and markers, as well as sound speakers, are available upon request. If your needs have changed or you would like to add equipment, please contact CUPA-HR by September 7 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Equipment provided by CUPA-HR’s audiovisual company is compatible with PCs. If you are bringing an Apple product or tablet device, please be sure to bring any necessary adapter cords. CUPA-HR cannot guarantee adapter availability from our AV provider or the hotel AV department.
All session rooms will be set “theater style” in order to maximize seating for conference attendees.
Reserve a Practice Room
CUPA-HR provides a speaker ready room at the conference in which presenters can practice their presentations. The room will be equipped with full standard AV setup and is available in 30-minute increments during conference hours. In order to accommodate practice sessions for all presenters, we ask that you limit your practice time to no more than 60 minutes. Reservations are required. We’ll send the details as soon as they are available.